Blogify is a set of scripts that aims to automatically gather links posted to www.reddit.com/r/videos and archive them for later viewing.
Currently the reddit mods don’t like me having ads up to pay for hosting – so a bitcoin tip would be very much appreciated.
Blogify was built partly for the experience, partly for fun, and partly because sometimes I miss the cool videos that made the top of the page if I don’t get to check reddit for a while.
My reasons for open sourcing the project are:
- I want to get familiar with ‘open source’ and the related workflows and paradigms.
- I want to build something portfolio worthy, and have a place to put it, but…
- I don’t want to work on it alone.
- I’ve made the basic script and it probably wont get any attention otherwise.
So far I have:
- coded and hand tested the proof of concept
- commented the scripts as best as I can
- set up the blog and script on a public domain
- Inserted an MIT license in the code
- set up a public repository and committed the code
The repository is at https://github.com/aido179/blogify